How to get here…
Having trouble finding us? …
GPS on hire cars may not be up to date. The best solution is to look for POINTS OF INTEREST – LOCATION (Hobart) – MOTELS (City View Motel) on the car’s GPS.
If you have a Smart Phones with you:
Search for City View Motel – Hobart – 30 Tasman Highway on Google maps and we come up clear with directions on how to approach the motel regardless of the direction you are coming from.
Directions to the motel…
From Hobart & West Coast
On the Tasman Bridge stay in the second lane from the left, Bellerive, Rosny Hill Road, continue in this lane up the Tasman Hwy A3.
The Motel is located approximately 500m from the Tasman Bridge. Keep in this lane on the Tasman Highway up the hill toward Rosny Hill Road, From the Tasman Bridge on the Eastern Shaw; you will see a slip road on the left to the City View Motel entrance.
From Airport & East Coast
Tasman Hwy/A3 from airport roundabout heading to Hobart around 12km.
Traveling along the Tasman Highway you will have the speed limit reduce from 110 to 90 and then 70km per hour, by the time you have reduced to 70km you will need to do a slight right onto East Derwent Hwy/B32 (signs for Lindisfarne/Bridgewater, stay in the right-hand lane. Take the hard U-turn at Ronnie Street (450m) Staying on the East Derwent Highway, move into the left lane and continue on until you merge back onto the Tasman highway A3 400m (Keeping in the left lane) you will see City View Motel on the left 200mts and slipway to our drive-way .
Buses from and to the Motel
There are bus stops just outside the Motel. For more information please contact the motel directly or download the PDF brochure
Beach Fishing, Bird watching, Boat Cruises, Boating, Bushwalking, Caving, Fishing, Golf, Hiking, Kayaking, Meditation/Relaxing, Scenic Drives, Scuba Diving, Shopping, Sightseeing, Surfing, Swimming, Walking, Wine Tasting, Yachting, City Sightseeing, Lawn Bowls
Things to do
• Hobart City Centre (maps)
• Theatre Royal (website)
• Maritime Museum (website)
• Battery Point
• Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery (website)
• Hobart Aquatic Centre (website)
• Mona Museum (website)
• Botanical Gardens (website)
• Just a short stroll to historic Salamanca Place, where you can enjoy the best of Tasmanian produce and crafts at Salamanca Markets ( every Saturday ) & Sullivan’s Cove (website)
• Parliament House and Gardens Federation Concert Hall – Home to the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra
• Cadbury Chocolate Factory ( open for tours Monday – Friday )
• Derwent Entertainment Centre (website)
• Wrest Point Casino (website)
• Bellerive Oval (website)
• Mount Wellington (website)
• Cascade Brewery Tours (website)
• Hobart River Cruises (website)
• … our friendly staff will give you more suggestions to make your stay most enjoyable